* This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. When you click on the links, you help cover the cost of running this website. Read the partner page for more information. Thanks for your support!
why, situated inSwiss, is located on a terrace protected from the wind at 400 meters above sea levelLauterbrunnenvalley. It is located in the Bern Highlands (Bernese Oberland region), at about 1,274 meters above sea level. Wengen lies at the foot of the famous 4,158 meter high mountain.VirgenMountain.
whyIt is a wonderful place to visit and you may decide to stay for a few days. This sunny place opens wide to the southwest. As such, it enjoys above average hours of sunshine compared to other locations.Lauterbrunnenvalle.
Logistical concerns inevitably arise. Especially for those who want to travel by train in Switzerland, there are several detailstrain ride. In this article, we will discuss the train journey fromGinebraand Wengen.How to get from Geneva to Wengen? Can you drive your car to Wengen?Learn more.
Content to hide
1 Overview: Navigating Swiss trains
2 How to get from Geneva to Wengen
3 How to get from Wengen to Geneva
4 Are there direct trains from Geneva to Wengen?
How long does the train from Geneva to Wengen take?
6 Is the train route from Geneva to Wengen scenic?
6.1 Other graphic trains
7 How much will the train ticket from Geneva to Wengen cost me?
8 Do you need to reserve a seat on the train?
9 Can you drive to Wengen?
10 Is Wengen free of cars?
11 How to get around Wengen?
12 related posts
Overview: Navigating Swiss Trains
You can start by visiting the SBB website:www.sbb.ch.Using the website, you can enter your departure and arrival destinations. Then it will guide you where and when you should be. There is also an app available for iOS and Android devices.
If you want to pay half the price for all your train travel in Switzerland, aHalf Rate Discount Card (valid for 1 month)Is available inwww.sbb.ch. This allows you to travel at half price on all SBB routes and most other railways for the duration of your discount card.
using itswiss pass, you have unlimited travel by train, bus and ferry in Switzerland. More than 500 museums are also free or discounted, and there are free or discounted tours to the top of the mountain.
Get tickets fromRailroadEuropeIt is definitely a convenient option if you are traveling in Europe and/or visiting many countries. In operation since the 1930s,RailroadEuropeIts extensive track record, easy-to-use website and mobile apps, flexible currency payment options, commitment to customer satisfaction, and strategic partnerships with major rail operators all make it a trusted and reliable platform for European train reservations.
you can get fromRailroadEuropeThe nexttravel cards:
- swiss travel pass– choose between continuous or flexible Swiss rail passes for 3, 4, 8 or 15 days. The advantages?unlimiteduse in more than 90 Swiss cities,Free entryin more than500 museums, ydiscountson mountain railways and cable cars. You also get discounts on Lyria high-speed trains between France and Switzerland, as well as on Nightjet trains passing through Switzerland. I seeRailroadEuropeFor more information.
- Eurail Global Card– unlimited train travel to 40,000 destinations in 33 European countries for non-EU residents
- Interrail global pass– access to 40,000 destinations in 33 European countries for EU citizens and permanent residents
How to travel from Geneva to Wengen
To go from Geneva to Wengen, you must take the following trains:
- First, take the Intercity train from Geneva toBerna
- In Bern, take the Intercity train toInterlaken Is
- At Interlaken Ost, take the regional train toLauterbrunnen
- And Lauterbrunnen, tome el tren verde Wengernalp.why
How to travel from Wengen to Geneva
To go from Wengen to Geneva, you must take the following trains:
- First, take the green Wengernalp train from Wengen toLauterbrunnen
- In Lauterbrunnen, take the regional train toInterlaken Is
- At Interlaken Ost, take the Intercity train toBerna
- In Bern, take the Intercity train toGinebra
Are there direct trains from Geneva to Wengen?
At the time of writing this article (updated December 2022), there areThere are no direct trains from Geneva to Wengen.. You will need to change to trains connecting Bern, Interlaken Ost and Lauterbrunnen.
How long is the train journey from Geneva to Wengen?
The following table shows the duration of the train from Geneva to Wengen (the fastest):
|Ginebra - Berna - Interlaken Ost - Lauterbrunnen - Wengen||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Geneva Airport - Berne - Interlaken East - Lauterbrunnen - Wengen||3 hours and 40 minutes|
|Wengen - Lauterbrunnen - Interlaken East - Berna - Ginebra||3 hours and 36 minutes|
|Wengen - Lauterbrunnen - Interlaken Ost - Bern - Geneva Airport||3 hours and 45 minutes|
Is the train route from Geneva to Wengen scenic?
intercity trainsfrom Geneva airport to Bern isno scenic trains. There are fast trains that travel from one major city to another, with the main goal of transporting passengers as quickly as possible. These trains can reach high speeds. During the ride, you'll still be able to see the scenery, but it won't be slow and steady like other scenic trains.
However, things start to get more picturesque once you arrive.Entrelagos. It gets even better after leaving Interlaken for Lauterbrunnen. The entire Jungfrau region is incredibly picturesque and one of my favorites in the entire country.
Other scenic trains
In case you want to see other scenic trains, more scenic trains are suggested below. These are thegolden pass lane,HeExpress Glacier,yHeBernina Express.Another interesting train is the historical train that goes from Davos to Filisur.
The rest of your options in detail are as follows:
- golden pass– The Golden Pass departs from Lucerne. I would take a train from Geneva to Lucerne and then change at Interlaken. This is sometimes referred to as the eastern terminus of this route. The Golden Pass has panoramic buses and is picturesque.
- express glacier–Glacier Expressit's a long journey from Zermatt, home of the Matterhorn. It then crosses 291 bridges and 91 tunnels before stopping at St. Moritz. Both Zermatt and St. Moritz are beautiful hill stations that deserve a longer stay. The Glacier ExpressIt passes many idyllic mountain villages.
- bernina express–The Bernina Express is another train route that leaves from the interiorpongo. Chur is the oldest alpine town in Switzerland and is definitely worth a visit. This train route crosses 196 bridges. It goes through 55 tunnels and passes through 20 beautiful Swiss towns.
- Historic train from Davos to Filisur– From May to October, the hundred-year-old crocodile locomotive pulls vintage carriages from Davos Platz toFilisur. The train line covers a total length of 4,200 meters through 14 tunnels and 28 bridges. Scenic attractions include the Wiesen Viaduct and thetrain cannon.
How much will a train ticket from Geneva to Wengen cost?
At the time of writing this article (updated December 2022), these are the prices for train tickets from Geneva to Wengen:
|Ruta||Full rate (CHF)||Media tarifa (CHF)|
|Ginebra - Berna - Interlaken Ost - Lauterbrunnen - Wengen||86,40||43,20|
|Geneva Airport - Berne - Interlaken East - Lauterbrunnen - Wengen||88,40||44,20|
As you can see, if you take advantage of theHalf Fare Travel Card, you can definitely save your fare for long train rides. This is definitely something to consider during your trip to Switzerland. You can do simple calculations and decide from there if it will be worth it.
Do you need to reserve a seat on the train?
No, it is not necessary to reserve a seat on the train. But you can always add this option if that's your wish.
Can you drive to Wengen?
No, you can't drive your car to Wengen. You will need to park your car at the Lauterbrunnen Valley Terminal and catch a train from there. Wengen is a car-free town.
Is Wengen car free?
Yes, Wengen is a car-free town, similar to Mürren and Zermatt. Since you cannot take your car, you will have to park it at the Lauterbrunnen valley terminal. From the Lauterbrunnen valley terminus you should take the train to Wengen.
How to get around Wengen?
Since there are no cars in Wengen, you cannot bring your car. However, if you really need help getting around, you can contact your hotel and they will be able to arrange a small, emission-free taxi for you. Or you can contact the taxi company directly: Taxi Wegmüller (Phone number: +41 33 855 33 80).
- Train from Zurich to Wengen: everything you need to know
- Wengen, Switzerland: 8 reasons to love it
- 10 Best Day Trips from Wengen
- Wengen or Mürren: which is the best base?
- Interlaken, Switzerland: an ideal base in the Bernese Oberland
- Mountains near Interlaken worth visiting
- Where is the Eiger Express? Here is an overview
- Mountains near Interlaken worth visiting
- Jungfraujoch – When is the best time to visit?
- Jungfrau and Jungfraujoch: What is the difference?